Wednesday, September 8, 2010

ello! So this week I have been getting into the swing of things and my schedule of classes is finally starting to feel normal. On Sunday Mel, Megan, Kate, Alan and I went to a local beach that was only 30 minutes away by bus (1 euro). We each paid 4 euro for a chair and umbrella for the whole day. The beach was filled with only locals and techno (!!) was blasting from a party beach 100 yards away. The water was as warm as bath water and the beach looked out at hills covered in beautiful white buildings (pretty typical....which is absurd/wonderful). We did most of our homework while lounging on our beach chairs and doggy paddled in the sea, which was a welcome change from a day in olin followed by a swim workout :).

This weekend we are headed to two small islands that are only a short ferry ride away.

My modern Greek class continues to get more interesting and more difficult every day. Today Alan and I had to present a basic skit all in Greek (!!!); I cant believe I am speaking Greek! It is really amusing when we try to use it when we go to stores and the market because we always freeze up and forget the correct words or horribly mispronounce them in exchange for blank stares. We of course explain that we are just learning Greek and then are given lots of praise from the locals. It is encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment